savoring: april style
1. Little fingers that trace the curves of my belly as they drift off to sleep. And knead my sides until I return the favor with a back rub to settle that never ending need to explore.
2. A girl who will spend half an hour in the car seat dedicating her raspberries to mama and daddadee in lieu of sleeping.
3. Holy crappy sewing bat man, this is what happens when you take up sewing after 10 years off and load the bobbin backwards while trying out a zigzag stitch. At least they're just hankies. (We're going green!)
4. USPS, because snail mail is still my favorite for meaningful notes, especially on my own card stock.
5. A windowsill full of seedlings that I have no idea when or where to plant.
6. A (temporarily SAHD) husband who is willing to take Bella off my hands (even some night shifts!) so I can kick this cold.
7. That crooked, cheeze-it-up grin. I wouldn't mind for the teething to end, but I can't imagine her with more teeth.
8. Professional photographers- we're having birthday photos done! (even if i did get a cold sore just in time...)
9. Seasonal changes bringing with them seasonal memories, seasonal nostalgia. This time last year the trees were in full bloom and I was bursting at the seams (literally and figuratively) waiting for Bella to come (although she did not show up for almost three more weeks!)
10. My 50mm lens, and the opportunity to use it on new subjects (in low light!).
11. Preparing for Bella's birthday book (an idea stolen from The Creative Family), and a tradition I hope to carry on each year).
11. TV dust hand prints as a height measurement.
12. Generous family members eagerly waiting for Bella to walk on her own.
2 comments:
Shawna, you're getting such lovely photos of Bella these days. I love that first shot! She looks like a little bumblebee!
Wee, she's getting so big! I really like your positive post :)
Post a Comment