It was a birth day

Dear Bella,
Last night you woke me up every fifteen minutes, crying. Maybe you didn't want today to come, or maybe you just wanted to remind me of those good ol' newborn days.
One year ago today my water broke at 3am and by noon we were headed off to the midwife's. With the help of five generous souls we overcame one aching leg, one mini snowstorm, and one thousand contractions. By the time I started pushing there was no point in rushing and I savored every little bit. At 9:40pm you were born.
I don't remember much about that day, or even about meeting you. They put you in my tired, eager arms and I thought, So now I'm a mother. I think I had expected the heavens to part, but it was just one extraordinary event on an ordinary day. We squinted through the dim lighting, exploring each eyelash, each fingernail, each wrinkly bit of skin, learning as much as we could about this mystery-person who had just entered our lives forever. And even though I intend to spend the rest of time exploring every little nook and cranny of your soul, I have a feeling you will always be my little mystery.
With love on your Birth Day Celebration,
mama
1 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BELLA! Please tell her I send her my best 1st birthday wishes. ;)
Post a Comment