Monday, May 17, 2010

two (and then some)

march dandelion crown

bath curls

Dear Bella,

It seems I have fallen off the bandwagon. Your birthday was a month ago. TWO! We're already so used to it; it seems to fit you so well. I've been waiting six months to be able to use two as an excuse for everything. And now I'm thinking you might just have to stay two forever.

lunch-1

I have to admit though, until recently, anytime someone mentioned your name to me the mental image I pulled up was little one year old Bella. All the while you were growing long hair and wit and personality and my mind was stuck in last summer. We were two peas in a pod those days. How I loved those days so much, and will always treasure them.

afternoon

easter cookie dough

But Daddy, on the other hand, could not WAIT for these days to come. As soon as Daddy comes home from work, you run right to him and ask for a horsey ride (Gock? Daddy Gock! Gockgockgock! because now along with block and box, that also means back, too.)
And he's right. With all the frustrations that two brings, you're talking (and walking, remember last year you weren't there yet?) and voicing your opinions and you're playing and goofing and more than ever it's clear to us that we are raising a person. You are yourself, and we are privileged to have front row seats as we watch your personality unfold.

that smile :O)

curly toes

the felt board!

I love that you can talk now. We understand the gist of almost everything you say, and you're happy to repeat words and letters and numbers - something that you never used to do. Your favorite song is currently the ABCs. It's fun to watch you try to form your mouth into sounds that don't always turn out right. Rs are pronounced with sh, so fire is fosh, bear is besh, computer is cumpush, and sometimes you skip the letter all together and we really have to break out the translation dictionary. I still can't help but sigh when you grow out of these little word mannerisms. They are so short lived. I think we'll always call oatmeal oapmeo and noodles noonoes. And don't forget, all your cousins are named Lyyyyyssa! no matter which one you mean.

grumpalump

You play pretend now, thanks to all these words. Dolls and stuffies (which never used to entertain you) are now your primary playmates. (Don't get me started on real babies - you think it is your sole purpose in life to pick up and cuddle every baby on this planet. We're in for it.) You bring them to nurse, you give them cuddles, you ask if they are okay when they fall, and you take them on piggy back rides around the house - everything that exists in your life. Wherever you are, we can hear you singing in that teeny tiny voice, and when you run off to the playroom by yourself we hear little echoes of our day reenacted through play- the good and the bad.

force feeding beans

plumber to be

ahoy, mateys!

Sleep has been a bit of an issue lately - more often than not we are all tired and grumpy during the day. Some days we take you kicking and screaming out of stores, some days we just sit back and watch you running around the house in circles trailing a long string of NoNoNoNoNoNoNONONONOOONOONONOOOOO!! behind you. And as always, no matter how exhausted you are, you give up at least an hour fight anytime we ask you to sleep. And yet, every day you steal our hearts a bit more. Kiddo, I just don't know how you do it.

spring cuddles

Well, I certainly hope I can manage to write you another letter before your new sibling comes next month, but if not, I hope you know that you are the light of my life, and there is nothing more I enjoy than to be with you every day, tantrums and all. I'm trying to soak up as much us time as I can in these last few weeks. I really don't know how I'm going to share you. I love you so so very much.


Love, mama

my hair cut

0 comments:

Welcome!

Welcome! Thanks for stopping in. As you can see, I have a passion for photography (and cooking and knitting). My daughters, Bella and Lillia, are my greatest inspiration, so you might find you see a lot of them here, as well as the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Be sure to take a peek around and leave some love in the comments!

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP