Glowing MJ!
(So that father's day post was scheduled to go up on Tuesday. And Blogger never sent it! So now you'll get two posts in quick succession, hope that's okay!)
MJ finally let me take pictures of her beautiful belly. Her husband was grungy from a bike ride, but hopefully we'll have a chance to include him in a few before MJ pops. She's due in a few days and I'm ridiculously excited about it.
I had so much fun taking and editing these. My camera and I were in a tiff the day we took these, and so I'm amazed at how many I like. I felt like I had all the settings wrong, and I always had the wrong lens on for every moment. And as for editing, man I need practice. Not to mention since my computer can't read RAW files it's a very elaborate process involving two differently calibrated monitors on laptops, so they change their color depending on the angle anyhow. I can't imagine what these will look like printed out.
Luckily the subject is so outstanding that it doesn't matter! My favorite thing about taking photos of MJ (which I do frequently since she's good friends with Bella, and a beautiful confident subject, and simply because she lets me get away with it) is that she and her home are so colorful. Who can resist such amazing colors around every corner?
So, without further ado, MJ:
As soon as I got to MJ's, I noticed the evening light fading out of the nursery. I rushed MJ to sit under the window before the room ran out of light. In no time at all MJ will be rocking in this chair with her baby.
And of course, with a knitting mama, this boy will be decked out in the best knits.
Then we headed out onto the deck for a cuppa tea, where of course the light was nice again.
See? Didn't I tell you she's beautiful? She is the definition of glowing.
And then we popped indoors for a minute, where I made MJ pose with baby's first outfit.
When MJ saw all the photos of her hands on her belly she was surprised, not knowing that she unconsciously did that. I think all mamas get used to petting their bellies.
Thanks for always letting me take your pictures, MJ! (And yes, your belly is totally already bigger than in this photo!)
4 comments:
Great photos Shawna. I love those nursery colors with her red hair - oh the color!!
Love the black with her hands and that light on her face with her white tank and pendant necklace - that is oh so lovely. You did really well.
Oh... and those booties. They're really great.
MJ has a smile that could light up the universe! I hope her labor goes well. Love, Mom
These are beautiful photos! nice job!
Gorgeous photos Shawna! You really captured the excitement. Your color is lovely too.
Post a Comment