Dog days of August

I've always loved the heat. I don't even mind the humidity if I get to wear what I want and don't have to be somewhere smelling like daisies. I'm not an advocate of AC. I don't have it in my car, and since moving here I don't have it in my apartment.
Unfortunately, having a kid now, the heat becomes a bit less manageable. Grumpiness is ten fold in strength, naps are hard to come by, the sling gets Bella sweaty, and nursing is unbearably hot for us both. How do people stand the heat with kids? I know they do it all over the world, but one string of 90 degree days, and we're at wit's end. I can only enjoy the heat when Bella is asleep in front of a fan and I have nothing planned for the day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment