long lia letter
*warning: mildly heavy photo post ahead. if i could keep up with weekly editing and posting i'd wouldn't need to put an entire month of photos in one post. alas...*

Dear Lillia,
Pretty crazy. You're already five months old. I'm sure it took Bella twice as long to get to five months, or time just moves twice as fast now. That doesn't seem to bug you one bit. You're sitting here on the potty rummaging through a box of toys squealing up at me with that insane shriek of yours.
I'm trying so hard not to compare the way I am raising you and Bella. I can't imagine her having let me sit her on the floor for an hour and go about my business, but then again she would not have had a household of antics to entertain her. You prefer to fall asleep on your own, you prefer to sit on your own, and you just let me know when you want to be held and cuddled and loved. I've got the hang of you now, and I love you all the more for it.
I don't get to sit and stare at you for hours on end, watch your every thought and move. It makes the quiet moments I have with you all that more special. You don't consider things. If something is in front of you, you stare it down til it's in your mouth. If an item enters your radar, you zero in on it and watch your hands as you guide them in slow motion towards your unsuspecting prey.
Just today you dropped a ring on the way to your mouth and you knew exactly where to find it on the floor. I had no idea you had that awareness yet. You learned to talk this month, too. Oh my how I love to hear your soft chatting voice. Mostly it's when you're alone and considering your toys that it comes out.
You're turning into a thumb sucker, or shoulder sucker. And drooler. You go through at least three bibs a day. And you attack people with your giant hands, grabbing unsuspecting noses. When I go in for a cuddle, out goes that arm to attack my face. Must. Have. Everything.
I can't remember if Bella's belly was so deliciously chubby, but I'm loving yours like I've never had such a wonderful thing. Soft squishy chub. Oh my, you are just too cute. You giggle a bit more now, always when I am nomming on your cheeks or lifting you into the air. You giggle at Bella just for existing and -this is going to get you in trouble some day- you laugh when she's throwing a tantrum. You grab Bella's hair when she gets too close and rip books right out of her hands. You are quite the perfect little sister.
You're a perfect little baby all around.
Love, mama
0 comments:
Post a Comment