Saturday, October 16, 2010

and then

I wrote that, and then went to bed. And then I cried my heart out. Not for my own baby; we're on good terms.

It's been a long week and I've been rotten to my girls. So as we mamas do when the dam breaks, I hugged my girls extra tight, gave them an extra kiss, and let my eyes linger over them in wonder.

I cried for all the mamas who went to bed tonight with one less baby to kiss. No snuggles, no fuzzy hair in the nose, no precious lips, toes, or knuckle dimples. For them, looking into the stars will never be enough.

But sometimes it helps.

1 comments:

Quinn Sun Oct 17, 09:06:00 AM PDT  

I love that you are on good terms with your baby.
http://mamaibainne.kennerclan.net/

Welcome!

Welcome! Thanks for stopping in. As you can see, I have a passion for photography (and cooking and knitting). My daughters, Bella and Lillia, are my greatest inspiration, so you might find you see a lot of them here, as well as the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Be sure to take a peek around and leave some love in the comments!

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP