Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fricking Fate

I try not to be a superstitious person. I feel like there's not enough room in the universe for there to be spirits and fate and then throw in a little Murphy's Law because things just aren't exciting enough as is. But I've had too many nights like this to kick my superstitious habits.

Yes, it's 2am am I'm lying here with the snoring husband and the twitchy daughter who have both managed to fall back into their respective grumpy slumbers after yet another bedtime puke mishap. My foul self is too annoyed to sleep because I cockily assumed we were in the clear and decided it would be okay to go to bed with a towel at the ready instead of beneath us. I even did my best to make sure the first feeding of the night was not too large, to keep from upsetting that delicate little belly.

Alas, a second night feeding, a moment of Oh No There Goes The Gag Reflex Brace Yourself, a sponge bath, a fresh bout of tears on Bella's behalf, and a sour husband later, no one is safe- not even the comforter. Tomorrow, for everyone's sake (especially if I get around to washing the bed) we'll be sleeping again on a towel. At least until the puke-free days outnumber the pukey ones. Knock on wood.

~~~~

Seriously. While I'm transcribing this from my scrap of paper that I wrote last night, Bella gets a hold of the tiniest piece of paper imaginable and proceeds to expel it and her dinner all over the carpet. And THEN I picked up my computer which I had placed off my lap onto an ottoman to run to the rescue of the carpet daughter, and realized I had set it on a runaway chocolate chip. Now myself, the ottoman and the computer are covered in melted chocolate. Ahhh. I wonder if taking a shower at this hour would be too much temptation for fate. At least I don't plan to have any company any time soon who can't handle the smell of raising a child...

And now to end on a more peaceful note:


2 comments:

amy Mon Feb 09, 06:21:00 AM PST  

Last year at about this time, my husband came down with a nasty stomach virus. I counted days, hoping nobody else would get it. I gave the kids bland food just in case. After three days of that I was so sick of bland food (I was also pregnant and craving a calzone) that I got pizza. I gave the kids pizza with olives, knowing in the back of my mind that if I did, I'd be seeing those olives again later. And I did. Six weeks pregnant and picking olives off of bedding in the middle of the night.

Sometimes you just have to tempt fate to get it over with already. :) I hope Bella is feeling better soon.

Unknown Mon Feb 09, 05:25:00 PM PST  

Oh! How awful! Remind me to tell you about the night before Christmas when I sat up with you and the sewage backed up into the tubs so we couldn't bathe. Poor baby Bella. I hope she feels better soon. And yes, I wish you a tub full of lavender salts. :)

Welcome!

Welcome! Thanks for stopping in. As you can see, I have a passion for photography (and cooking and knitting). My daughters, Bella and Lillia, are my greatest inspiration, so you might find you see a lot of them here, as well as the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Be sure to take a peek around and leave some love in the comments!

Labels

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP