Sleep deprivation, cause and effect
December and January where I work are as busy to me as March and April are to accountants. Let me just say it's starting to catch up with me.
1. Load laundry directly from hamper into dryer without noticing. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
2. Lose First Felting Project Anxiety after husband hides knitted pumpkin hat in diaper pail and it emerges clean and perfectly felted. Worry that any intentional felting will not live up to these expectations: Knit. Forget about. Find felted results while folding diapers.
3. Remind teething daughter that you are always there to protect her by comfort nursing her each hour when she cries out in her sleep, clawing at you to escape from unknown monsters and pains.
4. Lie awake into the wee hours of the night next to aforementioned daughter, fully aware of how beneficial sleep would be, instead contemplating The Meaning of Life the Universe and Everything to fill the few hours until you must go to work.
5. Neglect to properly set 4am alarm. Or turn it off while sleeping. You'll never really know which as you jam pants on while you stuff food in your mouth and run for your car.
6. Find ecstasy in a sunbeam and a child-free nap. Make sweet snoring love to marshmallowy pillows, bury self in feathery goodness and wake up delightfully refreshed 15 minutes later.
7. Realize that although 15 minute child-free nap = 60 minute shared nap, it's still only fifteen minutes.
8. End list at eight items because your brain is too tired to know what else you've done this week, and editing out the numbers would be too labor intensive.
2 comments:
What a precious picture with the (finally) sleeping baby and the knitting. I'm thinking of how I wash diapers (cold, then hot, then cold, heavy agitation) and yep, that sure would do a great job felting! And have I mentioned Hyland's teething tablets to you before? They worked miracles with my first. They helped with my second, too, but it was truly miraculous with my first. He'd wake up screaming, we'd give him a tablet, and he'd be back asleep in minutes. I've already bought a new box so I'm prepared--Grace is drooling up a storm.
It really is the toughest job out there being a parent!
Post a Comment