Let's pretend it's january
Dear Bella,
I have to say this month has been downright enjoyable. Something clicked in you when grandma and grandpa visited. You got a new bed over Christmas and the nights have been heavenly ever since. Sure you still wake up a fair amount and throw the occasional tantrum, but bedtime is now just another part of the day, something you're learning to enjoy.
You've had a rough time with daddy's new schedule and miss him dearly. When he's home, you will take no substitutes. You look forward to pancake mornings more than anything ( who wouldn't?). Someday I will get to take over some of the work for him so you won't have to miss him so terribly.
Thanks to a Tinkerbell movie from Grandma, you are thoroughly addicted to fairies now. It's something I can indulge in since fairies belong in the real magic of nature. I have no problem helping you explore their world one little plant at a time. In fact, I have started planning an epic fairy birthday party for you (though you should know by now how little experience I have in planning such things). But there, I've said it. Now I have to follow through.
You got another haircut from me! It's coming in fast now and turning brown in the dark winter days. How I'll miss your cornsilk hair. That seems so vain, and I have so many photos of it, but it's just another reminder of how quickly you are growing into a person all of your own. I can't believe three is right around the corner.
You have always been a child whose actions are completely dictated by your emotions. It is my mission in life to make sure you learn to live with them and understand them and keep them passionate because they can change the world some day. This month you are starting to realize the effect you can have on people and how to use your super powers for good. You ask me to put Lia in your line of sight so she can laugh at you while you jump on the bed.
Even though it's not our practice to say Good Job in the house, you have picked it up from friends and make sure to tell me when I'm do a good job drawing with you or cooking dinner. You can always tell when I've done something that makes me proud.
Likewise, you know when I am too deep in a funk to pull myself out (it is so very hard being a grownup sometimes) and you offer me kisses until I finally relent.
Are you happy now?
Not yet, I reply..
I try to be honest. You need to know that it takes effort to live with strong emotions.
You persevere with a tiny hug or a kiss on the knee until I give in and gratefully scoop you up. When it's over I'm never really sure why I tried to resist your antidote in the first place.
I love every little bit of you so much. You are my happiness.
Love, mama
2 comments:
Oh how i love you all :)
What a beautiful post! I look forward to reading more!
Warmly,
Kate
Post a Comment